by Tom Philips
The following short list of annotated resources on induction stoves provides an update to the resources in the 2019 ROCIS Range Hood Guide update. The list addresses both residential and commercial buildings. The resources are listed in alphabetical order. The websites are adding new information periodically, so it is best to check them occasionally for the latest information.
Induction Stove Resources
Building Decarbonization Coalition
- Kitchen Electrification Industry Resources: Consolidation of the latest kitchen electrification research, reports, incentive and lending programs, and more in one place for industry stakeholders. Subscribe to the newsletter for updates on financial incentives, state and local standards, webinars, etc.
- Now We’re Cooking! Consumer Campaign: A program for chefs at home and at work.
- Pros and Cons of Induction Cooktops and Ranges, updated June 22, 2022. Testing and rating for high heat, low heat, and reliability, but not noise. Countertop stoves have not been tested yet.
Green Building Advisor
- Testing an Induction Cooktop: A low-cost induction cooktop that plugs into a wall outlet. Martin Holladay, June 10, 2022.
- See Also: Comments section and links to Related Articles below this and other induction-related articles. Free trial subscriptions are available at Green Building Advisor.
- Zero Emission Construction Guides: Comprehensive guides and summaries on induction stoves and heat pumps for residential and commercial buildings.
- Check out more from Redwood Energy. New information is presented yearly at their Zero Carbon Workshops, live and on YouTube.
- A Health Professional’s Guide: Fact Sheets about Building Electrification and Health. Includes tips for health professionals on how to discuss induction stoves, the health risks of gas stoves, and health equity, and how to promote healthy electrification.
- FAQs on indoor pollutants are also provided.
- See Also: The Case for Induction Cooking, NY Times, March 17, 2022.
- Electric vs. Induction Cooktop: Which Is Greener? Is there more to sustainability than just hot air? Gia Mora, updated August 6, 2022.
- See Also: related articles.
- The Best Portable Induction Cooktop. Rachel Wharton, updated March 7, 2022. Three single burner models were tested and rated for various cooking tests and consumer feedback. A double burner model and specialized burners were also tested.
- See Also: Research and other related links.
Local and State Programs: Electric utilities, housing agencies, green building groups, energy efficiency groups, and other programs often provide information and webinars on building electrification. Some provide loaner countertop induction burners to customers. Contact your local and state programs for more information.